Northwest Regional Floodplain Management Association (NORFMA) is a nonprofit organization for regional networking and support on issues of environmental quality, economic sustainability, and scientific discovery on a watershed basis. We provide a channel for regional communication and cooperation in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, & British Columbia.
Our mission is to:
- Provide for free exchange of ideas and information among members.
- Support the integration of multi-disciplinary programs and interests in floodplain management.
- Promote educational programs on floodplain and watershed management topics.
- Increase public awareness of the value and function of floodplains.
- Encourage government involvement in programs to reduce flood damages and to protect, manage, and restore floodplains.