Basic HEC-RAS Online Training (March 2021)
This intensive, hands-on, training and computer workshop will prepare the engineer and water resource professional to use the HEC-RAS computer program in real world situations. Led by experts with experience in hydraulic modeling, participants learn how to conduct water surface profiles, bridge hydraulics, and flood plain information studies using the 1-dimensional steady flow capabilities of HEC-RAS. The HEC-RAS modeling system was developed as part of the Hydrologic Engineering Center's Next Generation software and replaces several existing Corps of Engineers programs, including the HEC-2 water surface profile program. HEC-RAS incorporates various aspects of hydraulic modeling, including water surface profile computations and bridge hydraulics.
Class Size is capped at 15 students for maximum interactivity and participation.
- Learn how to use the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers HEC-RAS (River Analysis System) computer program
- Gain hands-on HEC-RAS experience by participating in practical computer workshops
- Get an overview of hydraulic principles for rivers, waterway bridges, and culverts
- Optimize the effectiveness of your next flood control or drainage projects
- Obtain valuable insights in model development and floodway optimization for FEMA flood insurance studies
- Understand the basic modeling principles for developing steady state hydraulic models.
- Identify the three main components of a steady flow HEC-RAS model.
- Understand the theoretical basis of HEC-RAS model.
- Develop steady state HEC-RAS models for analyzing confluences and bridge/culvert structures.
$650.00 Member Rate
$750.00 Non-Member Rate